Perhaps and introduction about what your page
is about
all about you baby (:
name
class
school
birthday
loves
hates
etc etc
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Summer 2006 will always be one of my memorable vacations ever. Orange County was really good- the hospitality of our relatives, the scenery, the friendly people especially in Disneyland (of course), and especially the FOOD.
Now that I am back home-- having just returned last Monday-- it's time to think what I will miss about California, which has now become my second home.
1. The dryer and washine machine. Haha. I can't believe doing laundry was never this fast and easy. See, back home we had to do them by hand, and then dry them under the sun. But in Cali, it was like, presto, insert the laundry and you're done.
2. Disneyworld, Disney California, Seaworld, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal... The amusement park hopping was never this good. Especially when the ride to those places were only minutes away. 3. The weather. We came there and experienced semi-winter (it just ended but some places still have snow and the snow mountain resorts were going full blast), spring, and finally, summer. Experiencing almost three seasons in one month vacation? Yes!
4. Ice cream. All exciting flavors of Haagen Dazs (Vanilla!), Ben and Jerry's in Chocolate, Cold Stone Creamery in Cookies and Cream, Dairy Queen *make way for Banana Cream Pie!*, Twix ice cream, which we always consumed by the buckets, made me realize there's ice cream heaven after all. Even though I gained exactly one lb a week. Can't help myself. Haha.
5. Target, Kohls. Because each visit you go to the shopping malls is a new experience. And I won't forget my shopping with Tita Luc, who's always been generous to me. I bought a new pair of Candie's jeans, and three tops from Kohl's.
6. And let's not forget chocolates from 99c store-- I bought hordes of them as a souvenirs (pasalubong) for my friends. Very cheap for me with only a $20 on my pocket.
7. People watching. California is one big melting pot of a state, and that's a good thing. Going to California was like opening my eyes to many different kinds of people of different cultures, background.
8. The cleanliness and traffic-free roads. It doesnt help if the roads are populated by luxury cars, and car-watching seems to be a favorite hobby of mine. :) Lexus, Mustang, Corvettes? Welcome to Orange County! 9. The friendly dogs. Each time we went to a relative's house, you can be sure seeing a cuddly bichon frisee, or a friendly golden retriever, or the graceful laphsa (I dont know how to spell it argh.
10. Lastly and most important-- I will miss the people who made me feel at home, and made my vacation memorable. They're my aunts, tiyos, and my cousins. It was my first time to talk to them after many years, and I got to bond with them, which is really good.
California, California, here we come... California... It's back to where we started again.
See you around, OC. me want my own label :) @ 8:09 PM